Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh, Thank God

Baltimore County
100% of precincts reporting


Ehrlich 122,062 50%
O’Malley 121,583 49%


Late night gloat Alex Hogan left in my comments:


Ouch, now with 80% of precincts voting, O'Malley has widened his lead in good old BC %52 to %47. You are DCist's little what now?


Not me! Whew! Aww, too bad so sad. It turns out that I cried myself to sleep last night for nothing.

But, in the name of sportsmanship, I said Ehrlich would win Baltimore County “handedly.” Obviously, I was wrong, and Alex Hogan’s interpretation of the polls last week turned out to be spot on. Due to the amazing closeness of the race in Baltimore County, and my gratitude to God and 479 Ehrlich lovas, be they Republican or Democrat, who spared me from saying that I’m DCist’s little bitch and that I wanted to be Jason Linkins’ girlfriend, I will concede this:

Last week, I was obviously talking out of my ass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gang of One said...

Saved by just over 400 votes, lucky you. Hope you write a letter of thanks to the BC GOP.

My gf last night was wondering why I kept checking how BC voted as if it was the most important race in the US.

10:00 AM  
Blogger dcistgohome said...

heh. I don't blame you. I would have as well. Like you said, Baltimore County turned out to be the most crucial county in that election. On that point, I tip my hat. You were right. I was wrong.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home