Monday, November 20, 2006

I’ve Got Something Else Fudgey For You To Eat (Updated)

Wow. A blatant baiting. DCist lays claim to Baltimore’s Berger cookies:

Although the Berger Cookie has been around since the mid-19th century, its distribution outside of Baltimore remains limited. Despite the fact that Baltimore is an inner suburb of Washington, Berger Cookies are currently distributed to just seven locations in the immediate D.C. area.


Ari Charney, if I had to live in Alexandria and wake up next to your wife every day, I too would seek solace in a fudgey chocolatey cookie from a completely different city.

How 'bout them Skins, eh?

Update: Hmm. Interesting. Apparently, Ari Charney did not include the line “Despite the fact that Baltimore is an inner suburb of Washington...” in his original posting.

PGCist,


RE: "Despite the fact that Baltimore is an inner suburb of Washington..."

One of the editors apparently inserted that jab. I guess it's some sort of in-joke that I'm not aware of.

The sentence in the piece that I originally submitted actually read (before their edits) : "Despite Washington’s proximity to Baltimore . . ."

-Ari


Which was explained, perhaps jokingly, in a later comment by Adam Bailey:

We have a filter that automatically changes any mention of Baltimore to mention how it's an inner suburb, northeast neighborhood, bedroom community, or some such. Just a little wink to our friends at DCist Go Home. Background on the subject is here.


Good God, what a bunch of pricks?! Granted, I would have posted on this entry, and I’m sure I would have been rude about it, but I would never have insulted his wife had I known that he was not responsible for making that misguided posting personal.

DCist editors, you alter your writers’ words to embroil them our shared personal hatred of one another? I keep trying to be an asshole here, but DCist just keeps proving to me, over and over again, that NOBODY does smug despicable shithead like a DCist editor.

Ari Charney, obviously I don’t think you should be posting about Baltimore matters on the pages of DCist; but I never would have insulted your wife had I known that the editors manipulated your posting for personal reasons. For that, I am sorry.

And Sommer Mathis, as the editor-in-chief of DCist, I think you should know that I think you are an ugly cunt, and I’m glad to learn from a google search that you’re a whore to boot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

fat ass jason linkins called Baltimore Burbtimore on his blog. he is so funny. i wish i could be thirty something fat ass "actor" who hangs out with a bunch of snooty puma wearing twenty something wannabe hipsters.

8:28 PM  
Blogger dcistgohome said...

That’s fine. I’ve got no problem with a little smug hate coming from DC. The focus of this blog is to specifically target posts published on the pages of DCist. If DCist does not publish Baltimore material as though we are their possession to publish about, than I’ll leave them well enough alone. If DCist publishes Baltimore material smugly, than I’ll whip out a can of superdick.

It amuses me that this blog bothers him enough to get his fat granny panties bunched in a wad and inspires him to spit out his vile on his own page. Best of luck to him.

11:55 PM  
Blogger C Love "The Rap Addict" said...

i like your style!!! This blog is great! I wish I could speak as freely sometimes. Everyone knows who I am tho.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home