Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Well, This Should Entertain Me for a Couple of Days or So

DCist just responded to this blog. This should be fun.

First, I have to give credit where credit is due. I used a “you’re” when I should have used a “your” in the header. DCist called me out for this. There is no way to recover gracefully from such an idiotic error. I guess that’s what you get for when you build a page in under four minutes. That isn’t much of a defense, but that error itself is impossible to defend. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I also like the hata graphic.

I’ll probably have something more clever to say about all this tomorrow, but for now I’ll just share a couple of their bulleted responses:

If Ist wants a Baltimore presence, than Ist must create a Baltimore presence (not that I think we'd be interested). Well, we are all corporate drones; that much is true. I'd say that if anyone in Baltimore is interested in starting Baltimorist, you should contact Jake Dobkin at jake (at) gothamist.com. I imagine they'll get you guys up and running sometime after Newarkist, Oaklandist, and East Saint Louisist.

and...

When it suits their purpose, they’ll occasionally claim Baltimore culture and institutions as being part of their own. We're not sure we know what you mean. The D.C. Metro area has fantastic local food traditions, great stadiums, and a wonderful aquarium. You know, because Baltimore has them, and Baltimore is, of course, just part of the D.C. Metro area.


Sweet! Not the Baltimorist part, that would be more asinine than my “your”/“you’re” fuck up. I could make a point about DC constantly hogging on New York’s dog, but that would be too easy (...for now. In all honesty, I probably will mention that tomorrow.) I like the part where you just did all my work for me:

...Newarkist, Oaklandist, and East Saint Louisist.

Good stuff. I guess you don’t respect us after all.

DUH!

The comments on the DCist page are already pretty entertaining. I’m getting a little hate. Baltimore is getting a little hate. Baltimore is getting a little love. This is all pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I think at least one person has already articulated that DCist just proved my point.


More tomorrow. I have to go fix that header.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home