Tuesday, July 18, 2006

V at P ain’t in DC

DCist, “a website about the Washington, D.C. area and everything that happens there,” reports on the official date and lineup of V Fest. Mentions the venue will be at Pimlico. Fails to point out that Pimlico is actually in the heart of an entirely different metropolitan area than their own.

Is V Fest of interest for Washington area readers? Yes. Should DCist be mentioning such an event? Sure. Does DC have a right to claim northwest Baltimore as being within the DC area? No. I feel like the moon surface, with an astronaut stabbing a DC flag into my back, complete with MTV soundtrack.

If Ist wants a Baltimore presence, than Ist must create a Baltimore presence (not that I think we'd be interested). The Northeast Corridor Megalopolis is composed of five independent cities with metropolitan areas in access of two million people; Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington. Never mind the fact that Baltimore is and always has been larger than DC. Perhaps Baltimore isn’t classy enough for Ist? Fine. Than Baltimore should be considered an Ist free zone.

Partially to DCist’s credit, another contributor, “DCist Andrew,” points out that the event is taking place in the area of “our neighbor to the north.”

Oh! And the event is supposed to be pricey. The author recommends that Washington readers forego “Starbucks for a few months” to cover the costs.

Starbucks... DCist... Heh.

4 Comments:

Blogger dcistgohome said...

Yeah, I think it is impossible for this project, troll blog, phenomenal waste of time not to be anal and nitpickey. It’ll be ten times more annoying that way, which I guess is the point. I think it’s going to be a lot like a bitchy, frigid wife. Every time that hand begins to creep across that invisible line in the middle of the bed, I’m going to slap it away.

Screw him. He is arrogant, full of himself, thinks he’s special because he comes from money and a complete phony anyway. He’s always looked down at my family, hides me from his friends and makes fun of me when he thinks I’m not listening. No cookie from me. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to spend his money. Jerk. If he has any brains, he’ll just divorce me.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Andrew W said...

You know, sometimes people like to visit neighboring places.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome, the way you've given Baltimore's massive inferiority complex a face, and a name. Keep up the good work!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Andrew W said...

Also, I think it didn't say it was in Baltimore because there were previous posts about it that said it was in Baltimore.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home